Friday 28 March 2014

Britmums Live- Like I Wouldn't Come Along!

This June is the annual Blog version of the holy grail of Conferences, Britmums Live at The Brewery, and as longterm readers know I've been going since the very start (as well as the two earlier versions under a different name). I even came along to the 2009 Zoo Meet Up.

I wasn't sure I was going to come along this year. After all, I'm ancient, I can't and wont learn HTML or SEO or anything else that seems more important than actual blogging these days. 

However, I did have second thoughts when some very lovely mates told me I should come along and they would miss me if I didn't. 

That's why I'm happy to announce I will indeed be there, and all thanks to the lovely people at Harper Collins.




Harper Collins will be linking up both with us here at Lazy Girl's Life, and we'll be bringing you competitions and reviews (or rather the Brats will at their Youtube Takeover channel) at Family Panel Reviews too.



We love Harper Collins books in this house so its certainly a great partnership. You can sign up at my sponsor badge top left.





I am going to join in with the Meet and Greet, although I'm sure most people will know me by now, but there are so many new faces excited about Britmums and their first year maybe there are some new people to meet too.


Here is me:


This is me with the long suffering, long written about Elder, my other half of some 14 years (I know, 14 years!) 

I blog here at Lazy Girl's Life, at Lazy Girl Cooks and I'm Chief at Family Panel too. Well, I say Chief but most folks want to work with the Brats these days. So it can only be a matter of months before they nick the whole thing.

I am a Twitter user, and have been almost as long as I've been blogging (I've done that since 2006!). You can find me @TheLazyGirlBlog , and at Facebook too. But I don't do much there to be fair, its more for my mates and for buying too many records on Facebook selling sites.

I also love Instagram. I'm addicted actually. I post all sorts on there- stuff I cook, stuff I love, stuff of the Brats not seen on my blog, I always have a camera in my hand. 

*What I look like:

Well, I have red hair (totally thanks to Live Colour XXL, not down to genetics), cos if I don't it has gray and I look well old. I have green eyes. I'm pretty tall I suppose. 

I have not a clue what I'm wearing on the day, but it will probably be jeans and not the stupid shoe boots I wore until I got to the cafe last year, or the red shoes that I hadn't realised how slippery they were until I slipped in a puddle before the BiBs and thus everyone thought I was drunk, when I actually wasn't. 
I don't drink very much at all. I prefer Cake. 

I will be wearing my purple specs though. I will also probably have my phone in one hand, Instagramming everything, and my actual proper camera in the other, whilst balancing my business cards and looking for peeps I know.

*What are you looking forward to most?

Oh tough one! There are some brilliant speakers this year (as ever), a proper eclectic mixture of 'slebs, and the Old Firm of Blogging. I am most looking forward to Mel's words of joy and wisdom (the lady who stopped me from making this blog into a twee nondescript bore fest and told me not to follow everyone else's expectations but to blog how I wanted), I want to go give Chelsea a big hug (as we barely had chance last year). I want to swap gossip and intrigue and Breast feeding love (sorry Mumsnet- boobies rock whether we are being feminist with them or feeding a baby) with Liska, and generally want to meet some great people, as I do every year.

*Stuff in general:

Well, I'm sarcastic, shit with names (I shall call you sweetheart, babe, darling or doll. I am crap at names, blog or otherwise. I'm not rude, I just have appalling memory down to the headaches I get), I won't look over your shoulder for someone better to talk to, I will stalk 'slebs in a fan girl way, I will crush on how immaculate Susanna and Jen always look (they never look frazzled despite organising a behemoth of a conference every year- how? how?). I will love you if you talk music (I love vinyl), don't ask me about SEO (I know nix) but you can ask me a brief history of the blog world as we know it (copyright). 

So, come say hi!

I may be doing the cafe pre-meet up, but after seeing Annie and pals having a boozy time across the road last year, I may just join you. I may actually go and grab some pie and mash from Arments first (so I can Facebook a pc and annoy Elder), so stay tuned.


Thank you so much Harper Collins!

Say you in June guys x


(Oh and if you'd like to nominate me for Keynote speech feel free!)



1 comment:

  1. I hope we get to bump into each other at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!